Power of Your Om Yoga strives to provide its students with not only exceptional teaching but also high standards in customer service and business management. We feel that this combination will add to the longevity of the studio and the reliability of our programs. We also believe we have a responsibility to contribute not only to our students but the business community at large. In order to achieve these goals, we must be committed to growing a sound company. Thank you for adhering to and understanding our need for company policies. We are available to discuss them at anytime with you if needed.
We ask that you kindly review some of our in-class policies before attending classes at Power of Your Om Yoga
- At Power of Your Om, we do not allow students to assist or spot each other in class without the express supervision, direction and consent of the teacher. We also do not allow students to solicit help from fellow students.
- It is typical for our teachers to perform hands-on assists to students in class. If you are uncomfortable with this method of teaching, please let your teacher know.
- If students are disruptive, disrespectful, conversing privately in a disruptive manner or attempting to teach each other above the instruction, the instructor reserves the right to respectfully ask them to discontinue for the safety and consideration of the rest of the students in class.
- We will never, under any circumstances, force or coerce a student to perform a pose against their will or keep them from leaving class.
- Incidents: if an incident of any kind or magnitude, whether physical or emotional, occurs in a classroom, it is encouraged that the student communicates directly with the Studio Owner. Confidentiality will always be maintained but clear communication is necessary.
For our All Levels classes, the yoga room will be heated to the following: 90-95 degrees and relative humidity. We will do our best to ensure the heat is always at this temperature but cannot guarantee it in every class.
Weekly class reservations and scheduling:
If a student reserves a class online using our online scheduler, we will hold their space until 5 minutes before class begins.
If the student does not show, their space will become available to drop-in students.
If students make reservations and do not show for class, they will not be charged for the class. It is not necessary to contact us if you need to cancel but it’s helpful.
We are happy to offer a wide variety of times and teachers for private instructions. Please take note of a few policies.
- A valid credit card is required to be on file at the time of scheduling.
- A 12-hour notice is required for the cancellation of private lessons. If cancellation occurs inside of 12 hours, 50% of the cost of the lesson will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Group, off-site and event private lessons are all available.
- There may be different lesson fees for specific instructors. Please consult studio for prices.
Payment for yoga is always due at the time service is rendered.
All packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. We will not give refunds for classes taken or partially taken.
The monthly auto draft package will draft from your credit card or debit card on the date that the package is set up. For example, if you purchased it on the 1st, it will draft on the 1st of each month thereafter. There is a 3-month commitment. We also ask for a 30-day cancellation notice. Cancelling before the 3-month commitment will result in an early termination fee of $100. Your account will continue to be charged on auto payment at the same rate after the 3-month commitment unless the studio is notified in writing (email to email@example.com).
Our 5 & 10 class passes have an expiration of one year.
We offer an an option to all members to “freeze” their membership once for any length of time longer than 14 days at no charge. Each additional freeze is a $20 administration fee.
Power of Your Om Yoga does not issue refunds for workshop cancellations. We can issue a studio credit* toward future workshops only if we are notified of the cancellation before the workshop takes place.
*We are sorry that we cannot issue refunds or credits for workshops conducted by Master Teachers visiting Power of Your Om Yoga Studio.
Power of Your Om Yoga Studio reserves the right to cancel or change the date of a class, workshop or retreat at any time. We will do our very best to notify all students by email, website posting, online scheduler announcement bar, Facebook and Twitter postings and by verbal announcements as soon as we have made the decision.
We hold very high standards for our teachers at Power of Your Om Yoga Studio and are all committed to adhering to the policies set forth in our company’s Policies and Procedures Manual. With regard to instruction, we wanted to share a few things with you so that you can be assured of our commitment to running a credible yoga studio.
All instructors will either hold, at minimum, an RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teaching Certificate) or be in the process of attaining one. If an instructor does not yet hold a teaching certificate, they are under the careful mentorship of a Senior Teacher of the Studio.
All instructors work with the owner and other teachers at the studio to consistently receive feedback and grow as a yoga teacher.
All instructors are required to hold their own liability insurance.
All staff members, instructors and desk staff, are required to be certified in CPR.
The Certificate of Completion (200-hours) is awarded when the series is completed and the requirements listed below are fulfilled by 2 months after the end of Teacher Training.
- Attend all weekends (all sessions) of the Power of Your Om Yoga Teacher Training.
- Complete all homework assignments on time.
- Maintain a regular asana and meditation practice.
It is important to honor the process for any intensive training and to respect and support each participant in their growth throughout program.
The following guidelines are requested of all participants:
- Come to all sessions on time and ready to begin.
- Come prepared to all sessions, with homework, materials, books, notebooks, yoga mat, change of clothes, etc.
- Respect others and the confidentiality of participants.
- Be in communication.
- No gossip.
Students must make-up all missed hours. A schedule of make-up time must be approved by Adrienne Smith and will involve a fee of $100/hour.